As existing clients of Swinburne Maddison LLP will be aware, the firm has a diverse client base and offers a wide range of legal expertise which has been highlighted by the fact that the firm won Law Firm of the Year at the Northern Law Awards 2017. In particular our Employment Department, which includes Jonathan Moreland (Partner), David Low (Partner) and Roland Fairlamb (Solicitor), offers legal expertise in all areas of employment law and continues to go from strength to strength (and was itself a finalist at the Northern Law Awards 2017). The firm acts for both employers and employees, and would be happy to assist whatever your query may be.
We are extremely pleased to announce that our Employment Department will be offering free initial appointments throughout November 2017. This will consist of an initial free 20 minute appointment where we will discuss your queries or concerns and provide you with initial advice. After the initial 20 minutes, we will also provide an estimate as to costs should you with to instruct us to act on your behalf, and we will explain how we can assist in moving your matter forward. This initial free 20 minute appointment is a no obligation appointment therefore you have nothing to lose by taking advantage of this amazing opportunity!
- Are you thinking of starting a business and require advice on your legal obligations?
- Do you need contracts and Staff Handbooks drafting to ensure you comply with all your legal obligations? Are your existing contracts due a review or update?
- Have you had a dispute with an employee at work recently, and need advice on how to resolve it? Your next steps are more important than ever given that the Employment Tribunal fees were recently ruled unlawful!
- Are you looking to expand and require advice on the process, and whether employees will transfer to your business? The TUPE regulations can be a minefield so we advise that you take legal advice; why not give us a ring today?
- Do you have a dispute at work but you are uncomfortable raising a grievance?
- Have you been dismissed from your employment and you do not feel that it was justified?
- Do you need advice as to whether the terms of your contract are fair and enforceable?
- Has your employer failed to pay your wages despite the contents of your contract of employment?
If any of the above apply or may apply to you, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 384 2441 to arrange your initial free appointment with Roland Fairlamb (Solicitor). We look forward to meeting you.