The rankings for the 2022 edition of Legal 500 UK have been announced and we are delighted to report that, not only has Swinburne Maddison maintained its rankings from last year’s edition – including three Top Tier positions for our Commercial Property, Corporate and Commercial and Family teams – we have also received a brand-new ranking in the category of Social Housing.
We are now “Legal 500 recommended” in the following 8 practice areas: Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Corporate & Commercial, Employment, Family, Private Client, Property Litigation and Social Housing.
The Legal 500 rankings are compiled following an extensive independent research process, which considers detailed examples of work as well as feedback received from thousands of client and peer interviews to identify who they believe to be the best law firms in the region.
We would like to once again thank all of our clients, peers and professional contacts who participated in the process and provided some wonderful feedback in the latest edition:
- ‘The team is incredibly knowledgeable and give a great service. But this isn’t the reason that I believe they are such a unique practice. It’s the mix of the team’s experience, everyone is highly capable, but most importantly it’s the manner in which they deliver their work. Everyone from trainee to partner is easily reachable, good natured and really nice to work with.
- ‘Quality, trustworthy, responsive law firm – the team provides quality advice that we trust and are very quick to respond to whatever queries we come up with. The advice is accurate and precise – and protective of us as a client. There is no nonsense – straight to the matter. Committed to hard work for their clients. Excellent service.’
- ‘It is clear that there are strong and well-defined relationships between team members who demonstrate confidence and respect. The response to the current pandemic has demonstrated an innovative and flexible approach which has protected staff while maintaining the highest standards in terms of client services.’
- ‘The firm has undergone a significant expansion providing improved facilities and resources. In particular the conference and meeting room facilities are impressive and the in-house resources have been constantly expanded and improved with new faces and experience being added on a regular basis. Despite the expansion, Swinburne Maddison continues to offer a friendly and personal service. This firm manages to provide a very professional and efficient service to match the larger City firms while maintaining their friendly and personal service.
- ‘The team at Swinburne Maddison are the most helpful and professional people we have ever had to deal with. No matter what your query might be, and we have had many over the years, they do not hesitate to offer sound, professional advice. People are important and this team always make sure that everyone is as important as each other.’
We were also extremely proud to once again see a number of our Associates and Partners singled out for individual recognition.
Partners, Martyn Tennant and Victoria Walton, and Head of the Family team, Kath Hill, were acknowledged as Leading Individuals, recognising their experience and leading roles within their respective teams, as well as their wider recognition by market peers.
Partner, David Low, was singled out as a Next Generation Lawyer in the categories of Commercial Litigation and Property Litigation, indicating the significance of his contribution to these teams and the outstanding client endorsements he received, and Managing Associates, Abigail Zuk and Gillian Moir, along with Associates, Mike Ward and Natalia Lalas, were named Rising Stars in their respective fields.