Children Related Matters & Care Proceedings


Private Children Law

If you are experiencing problems with a parent or other family member over issues that relate to children, we can help.

Using our in-depth experience of representing all types of close and extended family members, we aim to resolve any child-related issues without resorting to the courts. However, court proceedings can sometimes be necessary and the types of applications we are able to make to the court are Contact, Residence, Prohibitive Steps and Specific Issues.

If you have already received court papers, a letter from a solicitor, or a referral from a mediation service, we would encourage you to contact us immediately.

Please note that since 1st April 2013 Legal Aid is no longer available for the applications outlined above. However, funding is available for parties who are willing to take part in mediation. Also, if you are a victim of domestic violence, Legal Aid may still be available to you. Qualification for Legal Aid is subject to your financial means and also the merit of your case.


Public Children Law

When proceedings are issued by the Local Authority, our team of specialists is able to represent the interests of any family member, as well as those who have children living with them.

We undertake cases at all court levels, both on a private and Legal Aid basis, including representation in relation to Care Orders, Placement Orders, Adoption Orders and other similar proceedings. We’re also more than able to provide advice before the court becomes involved, including Initial Assessment, Child Protection Conference and Public Law Outline stages.

If you have been contacted by Social Services or have received court papers in relation to children, we would encourage you to contact us immediately.

Legal Aid is available to parents and may also be available to others connected with the proceedings.


Children and the Law Society

You may be re-assured to learn that one of our lawyers is accredited by the Law Society as a Children Law (Adult Representative). This is a quality mark for legal professionals working in child-related law and exemplifies our superior experience, knowledge and provision of best practice in child-related law.


To find out more about the ways in which we can assist you with child-related matters, please call us on 0191 384 2441